Monday 24 March 2014

(RICHARD) Task 3 - Planning & Pre Production


George Burrell,
Unit 57, LO3,
Richard Evans,
Proposal & Rational.


Task 3 - Planning & Pre-Production




Proposal & Rational

The theme I chosen  for my photography is Space theme, the reason i have chosen this theme is because i think its an interesting and creative theme to do.

The idea i have for this theme came about when i was walking down a street and saw the landscape of the city and saw how the building fill the space and every inch is used up, I got my main inspiration from a landscape photo i seen online, where it clearly shows the landscape of the building, but also shows a lot of the sky with the sunset in the background.

NEW YORK SUNSET LANDSCAPE

This aspect is important to the brief because doing this research and recording my idea down will help me complete other tasks that are on the brief and show how i got to where my idea is and the thought process i went through. The do's and don'ts of this task are too stick to your initial idea and what your research you have done, some of the don'ts for this task are don't take the same photos as somebody else and don't take only one photo.

The intended message in my photograph is to should 'Space' that has been filled up with buildings and roads basically showing the opposite of space by showing it being full. The other intended message within my photograph is to show the skylight above it, but with the sky i want it to represent Space and the unknown. This aspect will allow me to add more creativity to my photograph and develop my idea even further.

The objective for my idea is to try and portray all these initial ideas within the final photograph and make it clear to the viewer on what theme it is and what the reason was behind it. I hope my idea will create awareness about the amount and space has been taken up by building and cities, but also getting the awareness about space across to the audience.

The audience i intend to aim my photograph at is a mass audience because it doesn't really target a specific type of person.

THE YOUNG & RUBICAM CATEGORIES


 In terms of the 'Young and Rubicam' categories i think that my photograph will come under 'The Explorer' or 'The Mainstream'. I think this because 'The Explorer' shows the creative and imaginative side to the photograph, and the 'The Mainstream' category because it also shows the daily routine and life of the city. The benefit of knowing my target audience is it makes it easier for me to know what kind of things i should include in my photograph and how i should portray the theme and the idea behind it.

The deadline for this project is Thursday 3rd April 2014, the importance in working to a deadline is to ensure that you keep on track and to a schedule so you get all the work completed to the correct standard the brief requires. Some of the challenges i might face when taking my photograph could be the weather, i want the weather to be sunny. A way that i can over come this problem is too check the weather forecast in advance and choose a day where there is more chance of it being sunny and to standard, if there isn't any sunny day forecasted before the deadline i will have to change my vision slightly to make it suitable to the conditions. For this idea i don't need a budget because i want be travelling anywhere or need to buy any props or equipment for the shoot or production work.




Summary 

The Meaning Behind this photograph is to show two different type of "space", it shows the space taken up with the city landscape but then also shows the space up in the sky. This shows a contrast between the meaning  and i think it shows it well and clearly. I think this idea successfully achieves the brief because it clearly shows the theme and and will be printed and presented correctly.





No comments:

Post a Comment